We are interested in finding out about young people’s uses, understandings and experiences of vaping and how/if this shifts over time. We are particularly interested in hearing from you if you are 14-18 years old, living in Leicester/Leicestershire.
Ways to get involved
As a participant
If you would like to be a participant you will be invited to two interviews: one at the beginning of the project and another one 6-12 months later. The interviews can be scheduled at a time and place that suits you. We expect each interview will last about one hour. We would also like to keep in touch between the interviews, using Whatsapp and/or our Instagram page, but it is up to you how much you contribute to this part of the project.
As an advisory group member
You might not want to be interviewed, but you can still be involved. The advisory group will be a small group of young people that will help make decisions with the research team. You might be asked for ways in which we can keep young people interested in the project, what we should include on our Instagram account, what you think about interview questions, the website layout, content and so on.
Why should you take part?
- You will have space to talk about your use, understanding and/or experience of vaping.
- Refreshments will be provided during your interview.
- You will receive a £20 voucher for each interview you complete (£40 in vouchers in total).
- If you complete both interviews you will also receive a signed certificate stating you were involved in a Cancer Research UK Project.
- You will get an insight into how research works.
- You will gain experience of volunteering, which may enhance your CV.
- You may develop confidence in your communication skills.
Your views are invaluable in moving forward research on vaping and may help inform policy
If you think you might be interested in being interviewed, please contact us for more information, and complete this survey
We are currently working with a number of schools and youth organisations, across Leicester, to recruit participants and members of our youth advisory board. We think this is a great opportunity for young people.
If you are interested to learn more, and/or work with young people that you think might be interested in the project, please get in touch. We would love to hear from you.